Recipes for Zucchini and Green Tomatoes
If you have an over-abundance of either of the above, here are a couple of recipes to help you use them.
- 4 med green tomatoes sliced thin (tomatoes should be completely green, not starting to change color) OR 1 med zucchini sliced in 1/4 in slices
- olive oil
Combine dry ingredients below in a bowl.
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 tablespoons each of garlic and onion powder
- some finely chopped fresh herbs of your choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Lowery’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/4 cup Red River Yeast, or Brewer’s Yeast (available from your nearest health food store)
In another bowl combine:
- 2 cups of milk (and you can use any kind of milk, soy, rice, etc)
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt and pepper
Put a frying pan on med heat, and drizzle in a couple of tablespoons olive oil, and heat.
Start dipping your slices of green tomato or zucchini in milk mixture, then into flour mixture, coating all over, and put in your frying pan.
Let cook on each side until golden brown, place on a piece of paper to drain for a minute before eating. Enjoy!
How do you use your green tomatoes and zucchini? Share your recipes below. And if you know someone who is drowning in extra garden produce, please share this post with them!